Deep dive in creativity
Below are ten things I find worth sharing this week.
- This week I explored creativity. From trying to figure out What is creativity, I explored Is being creative means being original, and shared Seven Principles of Creative Living.
- “Creative is not a Noun” post by Austin Kleon is priceless. I recommend that if you do nothing else this week but find an hour to listen to his video you will have the magic formula you are looking for to unleash your creativity.
- Did you know that 72% of people have creative insights in shower? Or that trauma has hidden creative properties? 7 Surprising Facts about Creativity reveals how brain’s creative circuitry holds some unexpected secrets that scientists are only just beginning to understand.
- The most impressive post on beloved writer Oliver Sacks’ Creative Process, his never-before-seen manuscripts, brainstorm Sheets and notes on writing, creativity and the brain.
- My deep dive in understanding creativity got scientific with Your Brain on Creativity article on Psychology Today. Check it out, it might be a little heavy reading but the conclusions or two scientific studies are priceless.
- How about this for an everyday story. A humble seven year old boy, Jack Berne, started Fiver for a Farmer campaign with his school mate with a goal to raise $20,000 for drought-stricken farmers has unexpectedly raised a massive $1 million.
- I found this inspiring story of a home cooking blogger who is replacing her lawyer income with a blogging income. Libby Hakim of Cooking with Nana shares how a series of four mini-breakthroughs led to her discovering how to replace her previous job as a lawyer with income from her blog.
- What is synaesthesia and what’s it like to have it?
- It is so accurate that it is almost freaky. I took this 16 Personalities test and finally found out why I do what I do. Try it, it is free.
- The book I am reading and immensely enjoying at the moment is Deep Work.